发布：2020-07-24 14:17:21 点击：
一、Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: In this section there are 15 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence, Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Among the decisions that most people make, _______ a house is perhaps the biggest one.
A. purchasing B. purchase C. purchased D. purchaseing
2. Don’t be _____ about him; he is a beginner.
A. critical B. positive C. Indian D. basic
3. Their basketball team had bad luck yesterday: it was their third ____ in four matches.
A. uniform B. defeat C. value D. murder
4. It is human nature to be ____ to change because it requires us to cross into the unknown.
A. oppose B. opposed C. opposing D. opposes
5. His works mirrored such positive ____ as cheerful and kindness.
A. values B. defeats C. mirrors D. themes
6. We must always try to ____ the highest level of service to our customers.
A. admit B. treat C. provide D. purchase
7. The teacher was very popular among the students because he _____ them as his own children.
A. provided B. opposed C. murdered D. treated
8. When I asked the students if they’d like to have the lesson near the lake, I got a _____ answer: “Yes!”
A. uniform B. critical C. sub-adult D. cultural
9. The sick child fell into sleep soon after he took the medicine---- obviously the medicine was _____ work.
A. on B. at C. from D. out of
10. The story about the country teacher and her 18 students was played _____ and soon the film became very popular.
A. in B. from C. out D. up
11. He has made several business trips New York so far.
A. on B. for C. from D. to
12. The fire fighters rushed ______ of the building just before it burnt down.
A. on B. in C. into D. out
13. Mr. Thomson is strongly opposed ____ the idea of building a power station near the town.
A. to B. in C. for D. behind
14. I have heard that you are going to build a new school. Could you tell me the plan___ detail?
A. on B .in C. out D. like
15. The Walt Disney Company did something rare: it admitted defeat ____ its fight to build a history theme park in Virginia.
A. with B. in C. for D. on
Direction: There are 10 blanks in the following passage. For each blank there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. You should choose the One answer that best completes the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Many teachers believe that the responsibilities for learning lie with the students. (61) a long reading assignment is given, instructors expect students to be familiar with the (62) in the reading even if they do not discuss it in class or take an examination. The (63) student is considered to be (64) who is motivated to learn for the sake of (65), not the one interested only in getting high grades. Sometimes homework is returned (66) brief written comments but without a grade. Even if a grade is not given, the students are (67) for learning the material assigned. When research is (68), the professor expects the students to take it actively and to complete it with (69) guidance. It is the (70) responsibility to find books, magazines, and articles in the library.
16. A. If B. Although C. Because D. Before
17. A. suggestion B. context C. abstract D. information
18. A. poor B. ideal C. average D. common
19. A. such B. one C. any D. some
20. A. fun B. work C. learning D. prize
21. A. by B. in C. for D. with
22. A. criticized B. innocent C. responsible D. dismissed
23. A. collected B. distributed C. assigned D. finished
24. A. maximum B. minimum C. possible D. practical
25. A. student’s B. professor’s C. assistant’s D. librarian’s
For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition in three paragraphs. The title of the composition is “ The Advantages of Traveling By Bicycle”. You are given the first sentence of each paragraph. Your composition should be about 120 words, not including the words given.
The Advantages of Traveling by Bicycle
1.to travel by bicycle has many advantages.
2.Second, traveling by bicycle is good for health, because it is good exercise
3.Last but not least, bicycling is good for our environment.
Travel by Bike
There are many ways of traveling, People may travel by plane if they want to travel far and reach their destination in a shorter time. It is the most comfortable but expensive way.Most people travel by train because it is a less expensive way but the compartments are cramped and stuffy. Bus journey is a cheaper way but it is spent on narrow, bumpy roads which are crowded with traffic. Trips by ship may be the cheapest and most comfortable way but it takes too much time.
I tike traveling by bike. I can set out when I like and stop when I like. I can go wherever I like so that I can enjoy delightful spots rarely visited by other travelers. When I feel tired, I sit down by the bike and have a good rest. Besides, I can save much money for tickets and much time in waiting for the train or bus. I can cover more places by riding a bike than going on foot.
Traveling by bike is good to health. It is really a sort of good exercise to strengthen one's muscles and to test one's will. Moreover, it brings no pollution to the air. So it helps to clean the atmosphere.