发布：2020-10-09 09:43:42 点击：
I. Vocabulary and Structure
1. — Hello! May I talk to the manager about the price?
— A .
A. Sorry, he is out at the moment B. No, you can’t
C. Sorry, you can’t D. I don’t know
2. —I’m terribly sorry that I made your table cloth dirty.
A. Never mind B. Don’t mention it
C. That’s right D. Sorry
3. ― Do you mind if I open the window?
―___B___ I feel a bit cold.
A. Of course not. B. I’d rather you didn’t.
C. Go ahead. D. Why not?
4. — Excuse me, sir. Where is Dr. Smith’s office?
— D .
A. You can’t ask me
B. Good question
C. Please don’t say so
D. Sorry I don’t know, but you can ask the man over there
5. — Good morning, sir. May I help you?
— C .
A. No, I don’t buy anything B. No, I don’t need your help
C. Yes, I need some salt D. Oh, no. That’s Ok
6. Since he left the university, he __A___ in an accounting company.
A. has been working B. had worked
C. had been working D. was working
7. The weather in China is different from __C__.
A. America B. in America C. that in America D. one in America
8. It was not until dawn ___B__ their way out of the forest.
A. when they found B. that they found
C. did they find D. that they didn’t find
9. __A__ he says or does won’t make me change my mind at all.
A. Whatever B However C. Which D. How
10. We all believe that it’d be hard for him to ___C__ extra responsibilities now.
A. take apart B. take up C. take on D. take back
11. We walked down the stairs instead ____B___ taking the elevator.
A. in B. of C. for D. by
12. Time and tide wait ____D_____ no man.
A. by B. at C. on D. for
13. Health ____C_____ on good food, fresh air and enough sleep.
A. requires B. requests C. depends D. spends
14. The last time I saw him he ____B____ of retiring at the end of the year.
A. has been talking B. was talking C. has talked D. had talked
15. The Dutch language is closely _____C____ to German.
A. relevant B. relative C. related D. revealing
16. D security, the door was chained as well as locked.
A. In B. As C. With D. For
17. I think of that movie ____B___ one of the worst I’ve ever seen.
A. for B. as C. with D. to
18. Just ____C____you hate Mr. Green, I dislike his wife.
A. before B. while C. as D. when
19. In manufacturing, cheaper materials are constantly being substituted ______A_____ the better, more expensive kind.
A. for B. by C. with D. out
20. A bad cold may ____A___ to pneumonia.
A. lead B. cause C. result D. give
21. The program aims to provide self-sufficiency C local needs.
A. in B. on C. for D. with
22. The change ____D____ his income.
A. has enacted B. has infected C. has effected D. has affected
23. Most adults who are learning a foreign language would disagree ____C____ the statement that it is unnecessary for them to be taught grammar.
A. to B. up C. with D. at
24. The nuclear family usually ____A____ two parents and their children.
A. consists of B. composes of C. is consisted of D. made of
25. The motor car has been _____C___ for many changes in the environment.
A. tired B. bored C. responsible D. interesting