发布：2020-10-09 09:44:16 点击：
I. Vocabulary and Structure
1. —Bill, if it doesn't rain, we can go straight on and spend more time in Vienna.
— c I just want to hear Mozart.
A. Well done ! B. No problem.
C. That' s great ! D. That' s it.
2. —Excuse me, do you have the time?
A.Yes, I do B.Of course, I have
C.Aquarter to ten D.No problem
3. —Will you join us in the game?
—Thank you, B
A.but why not? B.but I’d rather not.
C.and I won’t D.and I’ll join.
4. —I’ve studied growing plants as one of my interests. Could I make some suggestions?
A. You will make it B. Go right ahead.
C. Don’t mention it D. Take it easy
5. .—Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the British Museum?
—Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
A. Thanks anyway B. It doesn't matter
C. Never mind D. No problem.
6. Researchers have only succeeded in marking off fragmentary stretches of DNA. D
A. combined B. single C. connected D. disconnected
7. Companies now have an incentive to file more selective applications. A
A. motivation B. excitement C. amusement D. pressure
8. The sloppy reasoning of the speaker disappointed his supporters. D
A. plain B. discontinuous C. inconsistent D. careless
9. After three years of efforts, the scientists got _____A__ further than isolating a single gene with a single known function.
A. no B. Never C. seldom D. not
10. There is still _______B about Lawrence’s novels.
A. competition B. controversy C. contention D. contest
11. Some films have a misleading _____ A on children.
A. effect B. affect C. fault D. deficiency
12. Global warming is likely to _____ C a series of unpleasant effects.
A. double B. fasten C. trigger D. alleviate
13. That young man still denies _______C the fire behind the store.
A. start B. to start C. having started D. to have started
14. ______ C receiving financial support from family, community or the government is allowed, it is never admired.
A. As B. Once C. Although D. Lest
15. I’d rather have a room of my own, however small it is, than _______A a room with someone else.
A. share B. to share C. sharing D. to have shared
16. American football and baseball are becoming known to the British public through televised ____D___ from the United States.
A. transfer B. deliveries C. transportation D. transmissions
17. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is _____C__ .
A. granted B. implied C. exaggerated D. remedied
18. Philip Roth was ______B as a major new author in 1960.
A. published B. hailed C. guided D. supposed
19. A _____ B number of books on this subject are in the library.
A. little B. limited C. tiny D. low
20. The river dried up during the hot _C______.
A. period B. fit C. scorcher D. spell
21. Daylight ______ B long in the summer time.
A. lingers B. stays C. hovers D. persists
22. An electronic message snapped his concentration. B
A. caused to lose concentration suddenly B. broke off
C. ceased D. stopped
23. It is vital for parents to supervise teens as well as to teach them how to manage time. B
A. prior B. very important C. fatal D. superior
24. The solid particles were filtered ____ C ____ before the solution was used.
A. out B. over C. off D. on
25. I had a bizarre taste, which I acquired playing football games. D
A. odd B. unconventional C. special D. extra